Sunday, September 20, 2009

Breakfast Update

I've now had a couple of weeks of eating breakfast -- helped along by taking some medication in the morning that requires food in order to work -- and I must admit that I'm kind of liking how I feel as the morning progresses! The breakfasts aren't always the lowest calories, but at least they aren't donuts!

One of my favorites is oatmeal -- old fashioned cooked, not instant packet. I usually put some fruit (raspberries and blackberries are my favorites) in the bottom of the bowl, and a couple of teaspoons of brown sugar. Put the oatmeal on top and stir it all up ... trust me, this is goooood!

I also love little quiches that I make in custard cups without the crust and I use real eggs and fat free half and half for these -- spinach, cheese, and mushrooms are still my main ingredients.

Scrambled eggs with cheese and topped with salsa is a really simple breakfast to whip up.

And, finally, there's always the multigrain bagel with cream cheese and Nova salmon topped with a little slice of red onion.

I think I'll keep working on this habit :)

2 comments:

  1. Linda,

    Wow! I just found your blog this morning through stashbusters Yahoo group, if I remember correctly.
    I have just been diagnosed with diabetes and as soon as my blood test results are in, the doctor will put me on medicine and I will have to start eating breakfast. UGH!

    I do appreciate your writings about breakfast and wonderful sounding food! I haven't ate breakfast since I became an adult. It's always a big glass of water followed by a big glass of Pepsi to start my day. Changes are coming!
    Once again, thank you for sharing and some most wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you, Joyce!! I, too, am working to get in the hang of breakfast! Actually, I started with a hard boiled egg that I sliced on top of a lovely multi-grain toast. And it was good!!!

    ReplyDelete