Monday, January 4, 2010

Life Changes

I chose the quote for the day, "The one way to get thin is to re-establish a purpose in life," very deliberately as this is a big month of change for me. My new purpose in life is to live it to the fullest! In order to do that, I've decided to get a major grip on my weight issues and I'm scheduled for gastric bypass surgery next week. This has not been a quick or easy decision, but it is a good one in my mind and with the various doctors whom I've consulted. So, before my 60th birthday I'll be on a healthier road. I don't mind the getting older part of living -- I'd just like to enjoy it more and be as active with my body as with my mind. And I wouldn't be adverse to wearing smaller clothes again!! ... Tomorrow I go for all day education classes and Wednesday is for physical fitness assessments. The rest of the week I'll probably get some projects ready to do while sitting as the first week or so is rather sedentary. I'll keep you posted!!

1 comment:

  1. You'll be in my thoughts. I pray the surgery and recuperation time is free of problems or set-backs. I'll watch for an update afterwards. :) Take care!
    TeresaL

    ReplyDelete