Friday, April 2, 2010

Plan for Easter Dinner!

We are so excited that my brother and his lady, Karen, are coming to dinner for Easter!  I finalized the menu this morning:

Asparagus and gruyere tart to begin
Roast leg of lamb with garlic and fresh rosemary.  Mint jelly or aoli sauce to accompany.
Mashed yukon gold potatoes (did you ever boil them in cream?  DO IT!!)
Some green vegetable that looks good to me when I shop
Chocolate mousse and chocolate-dipped strawberries for dessert

Yummm ... now I'm hungry.

Some years ago when my brother and I lived together in Virginia Beach, I had cooked a leg of lamb for dinner and it was sitting on the counter while I went off to the store.  When I returned, I thought the animals had attacked the roast!!  Turns out that Jimmy and his friend Eric had come in and thought they needed a snack.  Well, it was one slice followed by another and then it looked like they just gnawed the bone lol!!!  Every time I cook a leg of lamb I can see that pan again!!

What's on your menu?

No comments:

Post a Comment