Friday, April 2, 2010

Planning for Flowers

We live on a very wooded lot here in Hampton, which means there is a LOT of shade!  Last year I put in a couple of shady "woodland" gardens, but I really miss seeing bright spots of color.  This year I've marked a few areas that really are full sun and some partial sun spots, and even dedicated part of my raised beds to flowers!

Today I'm going through catalogs and online places to decide on some cutting flowers that will work in my small spaces.  I've already planted some Gebera Daisies (love those!!) and a couple of rose bushes are ready to be planted today.  Now to decide on some others. My list of possibles includes Ageratum, Snapdragons, Zinnias, Salvia, Ammi Mojus (the "tamed" version of wildflower Queen Anne's Lace), Dahlias, Cosmos, and maybe even a Peony (though it may be too hot down here for those).

Love flowers?  What do you have growing in your garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment