Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Shiny Ball Story



My Google Alerts this morning sent me to a blog that mentioned African Violets -- my new passion (well, not really new, but renewed). Last month I decided I really missed my violet obsession so I rushed out and ordered new plants and leaves. The lovely Irish Sweeps is blooming it's little heart out, and here's a couple of NOIDS (no identification/no name) that are struggling valiantly to hang on ... and here's one tray of leaves -- there are 60 planted. Now I just have to wait for the little baby plants to grow. Wish they'd hurry!

And already I got distracted from the shiny ball story by telling you about my violets! and of course I had to go out and photograph them, then download a new photo editing program, and two hours later, voila!

Have you ever seen a ferret running around? They are so very cute, and they love shiny objects and will run to one, see another and forget the first, and on and on -- easily distracted by the next fun thing. Well, that's me!

I seem to get very focused on the subject or hobby of the moment. I go to the library. I want to find blogs or forums with similar interests. I buy books on the subject. I search out any kind of information I can ... until another shiny ball catches my eye.


1 comment:

  1. It's you! :) Bet I was the google alert on AV's the other morning and if so thanks for stopping by! My order from Bluebird arrived yesterday and I finally have some blooms opening. It's so nice to have happy AVs again.

    ReplyDelete