Sunday, February 5, 2012

My little escape artist

Many of you know that I have the cutest pug dog in the world.  She just turned two on my birthday, and wow is she in her terrible twos heheh ... One of the problems with the new house -- and believe me they are few -- is that the fence is really a mess.

Well Midge has found a couple of holes/loopholes that her little butt can just about fit through ... but I did manage to watch out for her and keep her in the ysrd. UNTIL LAST NIGHT! Now, it is 11 pm and time for evening ritual.  Generally I can see her fine with the moon and the stars, but after all she IS a totally black dog on a totally black night.  You see where I'm going, right?  Yes, she took this opportunity to wiggle her little butt through a hole in the fence. Now it is pitch black and I'm down on the ground trying to see a pitch black dog!  Fortunately she doesn't have much of a nose so I heard her snuffling before she actually came for her treats (bribes).

And after our lovely brunch today I took my Aunt out to see my garden (We have been picking bushels of tomatoes since December!) and when I turned around that lil devil dog had disappeared out of the yard again ... only now I was frantic!!  Thank goodness I had lots of helpers combing the neighborhood on foot and in cars and she was found on the next street --- with a totally surprised look, "Oh, hi, what are you doing here?!" She came home to a house full of frightened and scolding people!

Time to fix this problem!! Thank goodness my "Mr. Fixit" brother is here and knew what we needed to do.  Ultimately of course I have to replace the fence, but I thought getting unpacked and settled might be a priority.  Anyway, we took hardware cloth and staple gun and snippers and fenced off the biggest spots today.  Still more to go, but he taught me what to do. 

And the Midge stayed in her home yard the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment