Friday, May 4, 2012

A Few of my Favorite Things

Beginning to feel like the heavy cloak of grief is lifting and I see the sun shining and hear the birds.  Love the quiet moments, but am also welcoming human companionship.  Even doing some of my favorite things!

Gardening ... started cleaning out the beds to put in a new harvest.  That will take some work :)  But a little at a time.  In the meanwhile I went off to the nursery and oodles of flowers for our patio pots so we have some color out there.  Looking like spring :)  Even did some mowing!

Reading ... as you can see from my reading list, I'm definitely back in book world!

Quilting ... little by little we cleared off tables in the quilting room and there is actually space to work and Jenny and I have some small projects underway.  I also picked up my LOLLIPOP TREE applique and with just a few more pieces to stitch down will have a block finished!  This one only took me two years hehehehe ... I got so inspired though that I have four more of these big blocks (they are 20" x 20") selected and am prepping them.  They are by far the largest applique blocks I've ever tried!

Social networking on Facebook, but I'm not quite at my usual addiction level yet

Hope you all have time for some of your favorite things these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment