Friday, March 12, 2010

Fuming

If you didn't know, I spent 30 years as a technogeekette in my other world.  Ten days ago we took one of our computers to the doc cuz it was running really slow.  Despite paying for "priority service" it was 5 days before I got the computer back, only to discover that they had completely wiped out all my data and all my programs.  There was NOTHING left on my computer!!  They tried to give me some malarky about how these things could happen -- didn't buy their game.  They agreed to restore from their server.

Got a call last night -- another week has passed -- that they couldn't restore because the inexperienced tech that handled my system failed to store my date.  HE JUST DELETED IT!!  Am I livid??!!  You betcha!!  Now I've contacted our lawyer AND a data recovery company in Arizona.

I'm totally bent out of shape -- so much so that I couldn't even go in there today and get my system.  Have to calm down, first!

No comments:

Post a Comment