Friday, March 12, 2010

Two Months Post Surgery

Yesterday was my two month anniversary of my internal rearrangement and babeeeee! I'm feeling good!  I'll post a picture soon as I get the laptop ready to work with my camera (see my previous post about incompetent individuals), but I gotta tell ya -- my ankles are looking pretty slim these days!! lol!!

The scale tells me that I'm 39.5 pounds lighter than when I started this ... and medical signs are good!  Had one food "incident" that made me get checked out at the hospital, but it turned out to be nothing but a bad choice on my part.  WHEW!!

In celebration, here's my snack this week -- but be careful!  If your family finds out how wonderful this is, you'll never be able to hide it!

Nuts to Live For!

2-3 cups mixed unsalted nuts -- I use 2 cups mixed and add a full cup of almonds cuz they are so good for me!
Toast the nuts for about 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees until lightly browned and smelling real nutty.

In the meantime, mix together 2 T fresh chopped rosemary, 1/2 t cayenne pepper (more or less to taste), 1 T brown sugar, 1 T coarse salt.

When the nuts come out of the oven, toss them with a couple of tablespoons melted unsalted butter.  Then, while tossing, add the spice mixture and toss to cover the nuts.

Hide bowl from hubby and kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment