Monday, August 9, 2010

At Sea

Our wonderful ship sailed out Sunday afternoon, a bit later than scheduled, but beautiful to see, nonetheless!!  As first time cruisers, Howard and I are fascinated by so much!!  One of the highlights of getting out to sea was actually having to pass through a lock ... waiting for it to raise and lower so that we could enter and leave ... very cool!!  We had a late lunch/early dinner and did some exploring on the ship.  It's very fun to run into my cousins here and there!!  Early evening Cousin Daryl and New Friend Jean and I went to the spa for a free drawing ... and I won!!  My prize is a 75 minute lime and ginger massage -- WOW!  I've scheduled it for Saturday morning, so I should be feeling fantastic for our second day in St. Petersburg!

Today has been a full day at sea -- it's really amazing to feel so small in the middle of the North Sea!  My day began with a visit to the spa to have my face washed ... this facial was a version of microdermabrasion so you know my skin feels like a baby's little butt this evening!

Unfortunately luncheon didn't sit well with my stomach, so we've spent much of the afternoon in the cabin.  We did head out for afternoon tea, however, and made a visit to the ship's library.  Just waiting for the day's schedule to make plans for tomorrow!  YES, we are having fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment