Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Cousin Daryl!

And here we all are in Copenhagen, Denmark!  It's a cloudy and rainy day, but I don't think that will dampen our spirits or our visit to this magnificent city!  We are booked on a tour this afternoon for a visit to the highlights and then a few hours spent at Tivoli Gardens.  One funny thing is that the famous Little Mermaid statue is on tour in China until the end of the year, so the creative Danes have set up a live video feed of the statue precisely where the mermaid generally resides.  I must admit that this made me laugh -- and as our tour guide said, he can't make up these things!

Yesterday was spent at sea after a visit to Helsinki.  I spent part of last evening emptying off my camera which had gotten filled up in Saint Petersburg ... but that trip deserves its own page here.  Last evening was the final formal dress evening and Cousin Kim joined me and Howard in the Rembrandt dining room for a wonderful meal!  I must admit that the dessert finale left me with a tiny tear in my eye as it was soooo wonderful!!  Created by the cruise line's Executive Chef Rudi, dessert was a white chocolate toque filled with milk chocolate mousse residing on a dark chocolate flourless cake, nestled on a bed of delectable berries, and if that wasn't grand enough, a bit of whipped cream on the side.  There, now I've got you crying for it, too!!

Time to get ready ... hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment