Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ow Ow Ow

I had some surgery yesterday to repair an abdominal hernia at the incision site from my gastric bypass earlier this year. This is what I learned. 

When the doc says "uncomplicated" and "routine" he's talking from his perspective. There really isn't anything "routine" about having a scalpel inserted in your abdomen. 

"OUTpatient" really means out -- they sent me home less than 3 hours after surgery. Now, they did give me pain meds "to go", but it still seemed pretty quick to me.  Of course, I did feel pretty good at the time -- I didn't realize that I was already drugged!

And if you're going to spend the night in the ER (which I did!), make sure it's a hospital that believes in pain management (mine did!). 

And thank every healthcare professional you meet!!

Our little fur babies are offering kisses and snuggles and cuddles to me -- they sure know when something isn't right in their world!

No comments:

Post a Comment