Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Catching up the past few weeks ...

Good morning ... and Happy February -- heart month :)

It's three weeks past my gastric bypass surgery and I'm feeling great. Each day I have a little more "ooompf" though I wouldn't quite call it energy. Losing about a pound a day and focused really hard on getting plenty of water and my 90g of protein (haven't yet reached that magic number but each day I try!). I'm off pure liquids and on "mushy" foods now -- getting really inventive with things that can be "mushed" up and still be visually and texturally appealing as well as taste good!

Celebrated my 60th birthday a week ago and totally amazed at that number! How on earth did I get that old? Not that it's old, but gosh, I remember when my Mom turned 60! lol!! She was a humdinger, so I'm going to try to emulate her aging :)

Have read a lot but even got into my sewing room a couple of times. Hopefully I'll spend more time in there this month as I'm itchy to finish (and start) some cool projects.

February is Snack Food Month and I'm going to try and come up with some good (for me) snacks, and would love to have your suggestions! My friend Anne started off yesterday with baby cucumbers and cottage cheese -- yummm!! I'm not up to the cucumbers yet, but I can sure have cottage cheese! Great source of protein, too!

1 comment:

  1. SEWROSEMARYFLA@COMCAST.NETFebruary 16, 2010 at 9:08 AM

    I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER AND CELERY STICKS. ALSO CREAM CHEESE PLAIN OR WITH EITHER RELISH OR OLIVES ON IT.

    ReplyDelete