Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine sweets for my quilter friends!

How cute are these??!! Not your everyday lollipops -- these are "cake pops". Chocolate cake balls covered in chocolate. I made a batch of them for our quilty sewathon this weekend. Don't know who had more fun with them -- me making them, my friends eating them, or Karen who won the nostalgic Singer tin that I used for the container.

I found these a while back on Bakerella's website and knew that they were in my future! Now that I've made them, I am sure they will be making many more appearances. I used red velvet cake and cream cheese frosting for the inside. The trick for me was making sure the cake was chilled enough that the chocolate coating set fast enough to keep the little balls from rolling down the stick. I think they should be a little bit smaller, too, to help with the balance. But I sure did love making them!

Check her beautiful website for a little tutorial and some more fantastic ideas!! http://www.bakerella.com/red-velvet-cake-balls/

Linda

2 comments:

  1. Linda, I love your blog! I also have a blog from a trip I took to Korea last summer. Check it out if you get a chance: www.koreankaleidoscope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Nancy! I'll check out your Korea trip!!

    ReplyDelete