Monday, February 15, 2010

Tilapia can have flavor!

This mild flavored fish lent itself beautifully to my experimenting last night! I took four lovely fillets and laid them in a lightly oiled baking pan (I only use first press extra virgin olive oil!), basted them with a stroke of Dijon mustard and sprinkled a bit more olive oil on top. Finished off with a clove of pressed garlic and baked for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Never one to leave well enough alone, I decided to put a topping on it. I took some lovely asiago cheese, a tablespoon of butter, 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise, a few tablespoons of fresh bread crumbs. Mix all that with some oregano, basil, salt and pepper and finally a splash of fresh lemon juice. Spread that all over the fish then broiled it until brown and a little crunch.

Believe me, it was number one on the Valentine's Day menu!!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment