Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Puppy Names

While I was in my favorite Asian market the other day, I asked the owner how to say "Black Jade" in Chinese ... why? because I thought that might be a cute name for my new little black pug. My Western tongue just couldn't get around it well enough so it kept coming out "Hey You" which isn't really a CUTE name for the ...little girl.

I've also thought about flower names like "Pansy" and "Violet" but they aren't grabbing me. My very first idea was "Dolly" cuz she's such a teeny little thing. I like "Panda" but she doesn't have any white on her so it wouldn't really make sense.

Pugs are an ancient breed from China, hence I'm seeking an oriental-type name for her. Howard suggested General Tsao, but I pointed out it was a girl ... and Moo Shiu is too porky ... Maybe "Ming"?

Help me out here!! I'm looking for suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment